Background

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

LA & Idaho/Utah Trip and Now

    Hello! Hello! HELLO! So I think we can just call it what it is..... I have sucked at blogging lately. I know, I know. Y'all have been checking my blog like every day to get new updates. I'm sorry! I guess things have been boring mostly, only being broken up by some pretty great trips, BUT let's focus on what's important. I'm here now! I'm blogging! AND guess what? You get to have like 1000 blog updates from me this week because..... THIS IS MY LAST WEEK TO BLOG FOR 18 MONTHS! Gasp?! "How will we read what you are doing!?!" is what you are thinking! No worries! I have a missionary blog set up, and my mom will be updating it with my weekly emails so y'all can all read everything I am doing! It's super cute too! I will make a later post about all the information on that!
     This post is about my trip to LA to visit my brother Brent, and my trip to Idaho/Utah to visit my two oldest siblings and friends! They both were a blast and I had such a good time. I have been so very lucky to be able to visit and spend time with ALL of my siblings before my mission. It's been great! I would just go on and on about how great it was, but I think I will let the pictures speak for themselves!
       First up is my trip to LA....
 Brent and Lori live about 4 blocks from LA Live! So great 
 We ate a lot at SOOOOO many good places! 
 We went to see Wicked!!! 


 Even though this was my second time to see Wicked, I cried like a baby. It was Brent and Lori's first time to see it and they were blown away! Such an amazing musical! Talent like that just leaves me speechless! 
 Down Town LA! 
 I was there on Oscar weekend which was SWEET! I got so see a bunch of stars and all the Oscar festivities! 

 Clipper's Game! 
 Santa Monica Pier 


 Sunday bike ride! 
View from Runnin Canon! Yeah, we hiked it. So physically fit. 
    Brent and Lori sure know how to host guests! I knew it would be fun to hang out, but I had no idea that we would be doing SO MUCH! We seriously went to bed at like 9 every night because we were exhausted from all our activities! I love these guys to death!! Already planning a trip for summer of 2015! 
      Next up is my trip to Idaho/Utah! It was a crazy trip! This is what my itinerary looked like! 
   March 20th-22nd: Boise 
   22nd-25th: Pockey
   25th-29th: Provo
   29th-30th: Pockey
   30th-2nd: Boise 
      The fun of being so many places and for so long was that I got to see so many people! I saw my sister Heather and her family, my brother Darrin and his family and new baby, Lauren, my friends form Russia Bailee and Emily, Cory and Ashley, Daniel's family and many others! And I got to do a bunch of fun things! I even was able to be at Daniel's little sister's mission call opening! I loved it! Here are a few pics from the trip! 
 Emilee and I were able to go horse back riding! I haven't been on a horse in forever! Loved it! 
 Bay and Em!! I love these girls so much! #Russia2012 

 Sarah got called to North Carolina! 
Love me some Wood Family!! 
    Also since I got back things have been CRAZY here! I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off with only a total of 10 days from the time I got back to the time I leave. Now I'm down to 3..... Wow... But I have had a lot of fun along the way! I did the Thor run! Which was basically a 5K of obstacle courses! It was super tough, but I did it! I jogged the whole thing! My brother Corby was great! He stayed at my pace the entire time and offered me support whenever he saw me wavering! Also shout out to Jordan, Linsey, Kyle, Alyson, and Bernie for doing the run with me! I am so grateful that I did it! Made me realize that you can push through anything! Great lesson to learn before Mish time! Here are a few pictures! Excuse me dirtiness... 

And just because I can...
    I had lunch with this great guy 1 last time before I left. He is seriously one of my best friends! When I met him (almost 7 years ago) I was in shock. He was one of the first few doctors I met on one of the hardest days of my life. He stood by me and treated me for 2 1/2 years of chemo. When I graduated high school he offered me my first internship as a research assistant, and then did the same the following summer. He helped me to become a published co-author to a study. He has listened to me complain about everything, talk about my love life, and try to figure out me dreams. He has supported me in everything I have done and always somehow finds the  best in me. To say he is my hero would be an understatement. I want to be just like him when I grow up! Ladies and gentlemen, Dr. McCavit! Or McCavity as I sometimes call him! 
Well guys I hope that all is well with y'all! I'll be updating my blog again shortly! 
Until Next Time,
Muah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment