Background

Monday, March 19, 2012

My Missionary...

 This is what happiness looks like
This what I look like snorting because that's how funny Daniel is
        Daniel Ted Wood has been out on his mission for 9 months 1 week and 4 days!!! Honestly I never thought that we would make it this far! I really was so worried that everything would change or that it would be too hard or that we would both lose interest, but here we are. Daniel loves being to tell all the other missionaries that yes in fact we are still going strong. They all told him that I would write him off in no time, but once again here we are! He has spent most of his mission in Terra Haute, but last week he was transferred to Beech Grove, Indiana
   He was also made District Leader!!! He was really nervous about that part. Of course being Daniel he doesn't ever think that he is ready or the right person. He doesn't see what everyone else sees, this amazing, brilliant, strong, faithful, and loyal 20 year old  boy who is ready for anything the Lord throws his way. He is without a doubt one of the most amazing people I have ever met. I'm so lucky to have him in my life and to have become so close to him. He has blessed my life is so many different ways. He is a constant support system, he believes in me more than anyone should, he thinks I'm beautiful even with sweats on, he makes me laugh more than I could ever imagine, and he is my best friend. I am so proud of all he has done. And I can't believe that we are going to be coming up on a year here soon! It has flown by, but of course that is all in hindsight. Ask me if I think time is flying by now? Nope.
     His weekly emails have gotten really short lately because he doesn't have much time to email anymore. This weeks email consisted of the fact that he ate a cockroach. Yeah, I am extremely disturbed by #1. Him and #2. That Indiana allows that kind of stuff! But he really is loving every moment. His current companion is Elder Aquino which he loves. He misses his last companion Elder Rogers like crazy! I think Elder Rogers and Elder Wilson have been his favorites by far, but he has loved each one. It has been so great getting to share his mission with him. I love hearing about all the amazing things he is doing. He is have such an amazing time. I can't imagine how hard it will be for him to leave. I keep thinking that this time next year I will be counting down the days till he gets back! Gosh it is going to be here before I know it! People always ask me how Daniel is doing, so I just thought I would make a little post for everyone to see! I love him :) Here are a few pictures...

 Diet Family
 Smithson Family
Vishal Family
    If you are thinking that Daniel needs a hair cut, you would be right. But thankfully as a missionary he is required to have nice short hair! He misses Terra Haute, but he is loving his new area too. He says it only gets harder and harder to say goodbye to all of the families he has come to know. I can't wait to meet all these people! Well I hope this finds you well!
Until Next Time,
Muah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment