Background

Monday, November 14, 2011

Memphis/ The Thanks Continue

    I wanted this whole "I'm thankful for this today" thing to make me more thankful for all the things I have in life. Instead it has just made me resent doing it, and resent this blog. Let's catch up, shall we? Ready, go!
Day 9: I'm thankful for pony tails. Without them no girl would ever be happy.
Day 10: I'm thankful for air planes! Even if it is going to be a 3 + hour flight!
Day 11: I'm thankful for girl time! I got some great time with Lins this past weekend.
Day 12: I'm thankful for football, life would suck without it.
Day 13: I'm thankful for my straightener. Word.
Day 14: I'm thankful for running and the way I feel when I get done. To quote Brent, "Do you think you will ever work out again?"- <3 you
   So this last weekend I headed down to Memphis, Tennessee to see my darling older sister, Linsey, and her cute hubby Jordan. It was SO MUCH FUN! Seriously I am aching to go back. Memphis is such a cute city/town or whatever its classified as. It is BEAUTIFUL in the fall! There are so many trees and they are all changing colors, and its gorgeous. The people are awesome. I miss the southern hospitality and how you are instantly friends with strangers. It was a perfect weekend!
    I flew in Friday evening and Lins picked me up from the air port. Jo Jo was at a hotel with the team for the night so I got Lins all to myself! It was a blast! We watched movies, ate way too much food, way too much candy (if its possible), and gossiped about life. Well mainly my life. Her being married means that the gossip is slacking, but that's okay! I loved it! We even had a sleepover in her HUGE comfy bed, and stayed up way too late!
    Saturday we slept in and then got ready for the game. We headed to the book store first to get me a t-shirt. I scored with the children's section, which is always cheaper, and got a shirt and sweatpants. Unfortunately the sweatpants are made for small children and basically hug my bum like they are skinny jeans or something. Does this mean that I won't wear them? Heck no! It just means that I now have skinny sweats instead of skinny jeans to wear!! We headed to the stadium. Just outside the stadium the whole team comes up and walks down this field into the stadium. It was cool! The whole band was there and tons of fans! Jo Jo looked super fly in his suit! It was the first time I saw him, so I was pumped! We then had lunch and went back to the stadium to wait for the game. The game was pretty great. We should have won it, but our D kinda disappeared after the second half. Jo Jo played awesome! He is SO good! Like I am going to admit I was kinda surprised how good he is! Watch out NFL draft of 2013!!
    After the game we went out to eat, then got shakes, then got candy. It was wonderful!!! We watched movies and hung out until the wee hours of the night. We then all hit the hay exhausted! Sunday we slept in and hung out for a bit. Sadly I had to go back to Utah, so I got taken to the air port. I was extremely sad to say good bye and I'm still kinda depressed. School is just not as fun as hanging out with Jo Jo and my Lassie. Miss you guys! It was a great weekend! I am so glad I went, and I can't wait to see them at Christmas. Well I can't wait to see all my family at Christmas! It's going to be great! Here are some pictures! Enjoy...
 I think the large stadium in the background makes me appear skinny. Take every picture in front of large buildings? I think so.

 I love her so so much!

 No one takes the place of Jo Jo!
 They are precious!
This is what I came home to! I love you Lo!!
Hope this post finds you all doing well!
Until next time,
Muah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment