Background

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Surprise...Well sort of...

       So first things first! My surgeon=big jerk, so I will not be having my surgery in a week. I am very sad because that means my face will still look like this for Linsey's wedding, but at the same time its going to be nice not having to deal with the pain just quite yet. I changed surgeons and will keep yall posted on when the new date with be. We are still hoping for a summer date, but we will see. Okay now on to what this post is really about!!
      I WENT TO DANIEL'S FAREWELL! Man, it feels so good to say that! I have been wanting to talk about it on here forever, but since Daniel didn't know (well he did, but we will get into that later) I couldn't. So Friday I flew up to Idaho Falls, Idaho for a weekend of fun. Daniel was had a prior engagement, so his family picked me up from the air port. It was so good to see everyone! I had missed them all! I had to wait a couple of hours for Daniel and his sister Sarah to get home. As soon as he walked in his face lit up. Seriously my heart melted! I had forgotten how much I really missed him. He gave me a huge hug and then he said "I have to tell you something. I've known you were coming since Monday.". Okay really I wasn't surprised at all. I was more surprised that he didn't find out sooner since I had had this planned for over 3 weeks. But really at that point I didn't care. We were finally back together and it felt like we had never been apart. The rest of the night we spent talking and laughing and ended up staying up way too late, but hey what are summers for? Not that Daniel and I didn't stay up late during the year....
       Saturday I woke up early and got ready so that when Daniel got up I was ready for whatever the day would bring me. What I didn't expect the day to bring me was me changing right back into grubbys and hitting a near by farm up. Daniel's little sister and brother Becca and Adam get sheep every year and then show them at the end of the summer, so we went to go watch them take care of their cute furry friends. The farm also had baby bunnies, baby chickens, and horses. There were other things but lets just stick to whats important. I was in love! Nothing better then baby animals and spending the whole day with my best friend. After the farm, Daniel and I went back to his backyard (more like open space behind his house) and played with the kittens and explored. It is so beautiful there in the summer! I could have stayed outside all day. We then went inside and cleaned up and watched Sarah's Jr. Miss video. It was almost as exciting as the first time when we didn't know that she won! Next up was getting chairs for the farewell luncheon and the park. By that time the rest of the party had arrived. Daniel went off to play basketball and I just hung out with the rest of the family. That night we celebrated Daniel's oldest brother James' birthday. It was great to be there, and Daniel's sister-in-law Melissa made an amazing baseball cake! We ended up playing Ticket to Ride till all hours of the night, until his parents swooped us off to bed. I was very grateful for their swoop that night! Here are some pictures from the day! I'm going to apologize now for the picture overload!
 
 A-Man and Me




The start of many cute pictures of us!!!       
     Sunday was a very busy day! It was finally the day of Daniel's farewell AND Daniel and I's ultra special day! So basically one of the greatest days of my life! In the morning I helped get things ready for the farewell. Oh! I don't know if I told you this but I had Sister Lucio and Eva make me cookies for his farewell! They turned out amazing! After I helped Sister Wood out I stated working on getting ready. I wanted everything to look perfect that day, and I must say it turned out pretty dang close. I did my own hair, make up, AND dressed myself! I was blown away! I think Daniel was too, but that's another story. We left about an hour early for church so we could save seats. So many people came to hear Daniel talk! It was amazing, and so was his talk! He talked about service and the different reasons we do it, and the most Godly. OF COURSE I literally started crying right as he sat down on the stand even before he started talking. Trying to not ugly cry in public and keep your make up looking good was a difficult task! After church we came on home and set things up. So many people showed up and everything looked wonderful! I changed my outfit for the farewell, and brought a little Texas flare to Idaho. Here are some pictures
 How cute are these?!!! Everyone loved them!!
 You think it would be work to look this good, but really it come naturally


 Daniel and his parents
Daniel, his parents, and grandparents
             The farewell was wonderful! We were all exhausted by the time everyone left, but we worked ourselves back up for more fun. Daniel and I went and took super cute pictures, and later we played kick ball. Well really they played kick ball, I just watched and played with the babies. It started raining and those dang Woods just kept on playing! It reminded me of my family. Sunday night me and Dan just kinda hung out. It was one of those perfect nights. Here are some MORE pictures. Please do not cry from the cuteness!




 It was cold and rainy when they were playing kick ball
 Everyone after the kick ball game. They were soaked!!
       Monday I got to sleep in a bit while Daniel played basketball. I woke up and got my stuff together and got ready so I could spend my time with Daniel and his family. When he got home we went to the cemetery to decorate and clean his relatives graves. It was a really neat experience! After the cemetery we headed back to his house to eat lunch and hang out for a bit. Sadly my time came to an end and I had to leave. I basically started crying the moment I hugged his parents. Hugging his younger siblings only made it worse. I will be seeing them in October, but Daniel won't be apart of any of that for another 2 years. The ride the airport went way too fast, and because the Idaho Falls airport is so small we got to sit in his car and talk till it was time to leave. Saying goodbye to him was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. 2 years is a long time and I am really going to miss him. He is going to do amazing and have a wonderful time, but I do hope it goes by fast. Daniel leaves next Wednesday, June 8th for the MTC. As for me, I will be starting a love affair with my mail man for the next 2 years. I'm already estimating how fast I can get cookies to Indiana (that's where Daniel is serving), how many weeks are left, how many chain links I would have to cut to count down the days, and how often is too often to complain. Pretty much life is good. As always I hope this finds y'all well!
Until next time,
Muah!
P.S. Daniel got me flowers!! He is so cute!!


And I made this cute arrangement!
 

1 comment:

  1. Hailey Lou are you in LOVE? OH my goodness. Are you old enough to be waiting on a missioanry? REALLY!?! Also, you were in Idaho and I didn't see you. This is just wrong!

    ReplyDelete