Background

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Long time no post

      I am so sorry guys!! Seriously I have been thinking about posting forever, but I hadn't realized that I hadn't posted in well.... 2 weeks! Sadly even though it's been 2 weeks I haven't been up to much. I started work though! I love love LOVE it! Dr. McCavit does an amazing job at keeping me busy. I am doing research in the Sickle Cell department this summer. I have 3 or 4 different projects I am working on, and they are all really cool! I also have gotten to go follow McCavit (this is what I really call him) in his clinics on Fridays. I went to the Sickle Cell clinic and the Onc. clinic. Both were very fascinating and it was exciting to see the doctor side of things. Onc. clinic was a little different and trying because like it or not it does bring back memories of my experience. I look at those kids and remember exactly what it feels like, the pain, the nausea, the fear, everything. But there is a reason I am drawn to that field and a few emotional days won't stop me. So pretty much my life consist of nothing. I wake up everyday at 6 something, go to work, hopefully get home by 6, eat, go work out, shower, and crash. Does it bother me? Heck no! I can't seem to keep my eyes open past 10:30 anymore these days though. It's funny how different atmospheres change things. But doing the same thing M-F does make the time fly by! I feel like summer is going to be over already! It's crazy!!
         Besides working I have been doing some fun things on the weekend. Last weekend I went up to Heather and Shawn's because Shawn graduated from LAW SCHOOL!! Yay and congrats to him once again! We left Saturday afternoon and got to OKC around 4. Once there we went to Heather's and hung out with Shawn's parents and the rest of the gang. Kyle and Hollie and Keisha came in for the weekend too! It was a blast! Saturday night we went to Spaghetti Warehouse and Coldstone (wow..fattys!). After this like 3 hour eatathon we hit the hotel and crashed pretty hard. Sunday was Shawn's graduation. We woke up early and headed over to Heather's to hang out until we had lunch. After the wonderful lunch of BBQ we headed to Shawn's graduation. When all the grads entered and left they had this team of bagpipe players. Yeah... it was a weird as it sounds! The graduation was great! We are all very proud of Shawn! Next up? Pass the BAR!! Woot Woot! Heather and Shawn will be moving down here with Gav for the summer! I am pumped! Here are some pictures of the weekend! Sorry for the picture overload!
     Shawn, Gavin 2, and Heather
Ahhhhh! The famous sisters shot! What did I learn from this? That I still have a LONG way to go before Linsey's wedding!

The wind was a nice touch!

So odd!!

Yay Shawn!!!!!

The whole crew! Left to right, front row: Wayne Miller, Cristy Miller, Shawn, Heather, Gavin, Lins, Me, and Keisha (my 3rd big sis); Back row: Hollie (Kyle's fiance), Kyle, Dad, Mom

I.Look.Awful.In.This.Picture., but alas I love him to death so I had to post it! So proud!!
    So besides the HUGE news of Shawn-a-lot graduating I had a big event the next weekend, a.k.a this weekend, a.k.a yesterday. So for some time now I have been in contact with this guy named Peter, from New York, who wanted to do a educational video on me about cancer. This video will be distributed to high school health classes all over the nation. Well yesterday was the day they came to interview me. It was pretty cool. They set up all these intense lights and whatnot. Now I will tell you the whole cancer story is getting a little old, but I didn't want to be the jerk who said no. Here is some pics...


It was neat! Well besides that I'm up to nothing! Its been good to get back to work. I have about 2 weeks till my surgery and about 9 weeks till Linsey's wedding! We are excited! As always I hope this finds you all well!
Until next time,
Muah!

1 comment:

  1. I think you were super cute in EVERY picture. So shut up. ANNNND I yov you.

    ReplyDelete