Background

Monday, April 4, 2011

Oh the affects of General Conference

           So last weekend was General Conference weekend. It was fantastic and I loved all the insights that were given. If you don't know what General Conference is then you can see this link http://lds.org/general-conference/about-general-conference?lang=eng and learn all about it! Well the great thing about General Conference is that it refreshes you and helps you to see things you need to work on as a person. Okay, I'm not saying that I enjoy the "Oh crap I really need to get it together" part of Conference, but it does help me to be motivated to try a little harder to be a little better. Another great thing about Conference is thee is always stuff said that applies to you, so of course it got me thinking.
            Forgiving and letting the past go is not something that I am good at. I hold grudges like you wouldn't believe. I would even go as far as to say I'm a pro at it. Oh yes I will act like everything is fine and the you are fully forgiven, but really I secretly hate your guts and can't stand being around you. Now these types of grudges are very excessive, so I try to use them sparingly. But this weekend there was a lot of talk of letting go of the hate, hurt, pain, regret, guilt, and giving it over to the Lord. So today I put my plan in action. Have I told you that I'm bad at the whole let me just let you walk all over me and not care thing? Yeah, so usually my apologies go something like this. "I am so sorry, blah blah blah. But you did this and this and this and this (on and on). BUT I am sorry." That is how they usually look, especially if I am the one who feels like they deserve the apology. But if I am saying I am sorry I really am, I just also feel like I should call you out. I think pride is something that is far too active in our society today, so I try not to feed into it. I mean how many relationships and moments are ruined because we are too prideful to say and ACTUALLY ADMIT that we screwed up. Come on people! We are not perfect and being not perfect we screw over people all the time! So why is it so hard to say, "You know what I really screwed up here. I am so sorry that my (usually selfish) actions hurt you and affected you in a negative way." I am not saying I am perfect at this or that it is easy for me to do it, but its something I'm working at. I think that its hardest to say you are sorry when you were the one who was really hurt in the process, but just because someone hurt you doesn't mean you have the right to act like a jerk to them. Yeah, sorry you don't. Yes there are going to be people that hurt you and screw you over all your life, but you just smile and move on. The problem comes when YOU respond in a negative way, then its back on your head. I don't know about y'all but being prideful about not saying you are sorry is not something I want hanging over my head when I get to Heaven. And I hope you guys don't see this as being preachy, because 1. this is my blog ( If you don't like it then GET OFF) 2. I have absolutely no right to judge any of you so know that it is not what i am doing and 3. I am really just thinking out loud....I mean online....
      Well that is my deep thought for the day! Gosh that was like almost exhausting! But moving on.... I went to the doctor today and the results are.... I have a stress fracture on my tibia! Yay! Not! So I am in this....
for the next 2 weeks at least. I can't do any straining exercise for 3 to 4 weeks and pretty much no half marathon. I am not really sure how to feel about the half marathon. Like half me is like yay! No running 13.1 miles and sweating and gasping for breath and my ankle wanting to fall off. But on the other hand I was really pumped about it. I really wanted it to be something me and Heather did together, but I think we are going to try to do one in Boise next fall. But can I be honest here? What really sucks is with no exercising I CAN'T EAT! I burning like 1800 calories a day (if that) which means I can only eat like 800 calories a day, which SUCKS! So that is probably the worst part of this. Really I was expecting something like this. Steroids shot my bones so things like this aren't out of the usual. The doctor told me I needed to start calcium and vitamin D and be in the sun to activate the vitamin D. Now he may or may not have said like 15 minutes a week, but I think just in case I will have to start tanning. I mean twist my arm, but if I have to do it then I have to do it! Oh the things I do for my health! :)
         Other then that I have a crazy week ahead of me! Today and tomorrow I shall spend my life cramming for a test that I feel like I know NOTHING about. Wednesday I have lunch with my amazing brother Corby before he heads off for the summer. Thursday I have a day date with Jessica (not my roommate). We are going to the slc temple and to have a fun photo shoot! And Friday I leave to go to Darrin and Analisa's for the weekend.
      Actually fun story about that. So they invited me up right? Well of course I want to go like SO BAD because I miss them and I love hanging out with them, but guess who is also going up that way this weekend? You guessed it. My darling bff Daniel. OH! And his whole family because you see his oldest brother and my oldest brother live in the same area and happen to be in the SAME WARD. Which means they go to church together. Yeah, pretty crazy! Well it's Daniel's oldest brother's baby's blessing so his whole family will be there. Not wanting to look like a total creeper stalker I have decided to stay home from church. I mean how awkward would that be if I just strolled in there and was like "Oh! Hey Wood family! Let me pretend like I didn't know you were ALL going to be here." Yeah no thank you. But I am looking forward to this weekend more then I have for any others in a long time! It is going to be a blast and of course y'all will hear all about it! I hope this post finds you well, as always!
Until I need to procrastinate again,
Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment