Background

Sunday, March 6, 2011

My First Post Ever....

         So I have been thinking a lot about what I wanted to post about. I mean it's a lot of pressure! If it's boring then no one in their right mind will want to read my blog, but if it's too great then all my other posts are just bound to fall short. So after giving it some thought I decided I would simply just write. So here it goes.....
        BYU has been a HUGE learning experience for me. I would like to say it has been all good, but that would be lying, and who lies on their own blog??! It started off with a bang and I had all these ideas about everything I was going to do and become in a short year. But like life loves to do, it threw me a curve ball. So I swung and missed... quite a few times actually. But what I have decided to do is NOT do what I did with softball, which is quit because I can't stand not being good at something. I love BYU even though this past year has been really tough on me. I am grateful for the experiences and challenges life has and is going to throw at me. And like Babe Ruth always says:
        “How to hit home runs: I swing as hard as I can, and I try to swing right through the ball... The harder you grip the bat, the more you can swing it through the ball, and the farther the ball will go. I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can.”
        ......and I'm going big or I'm going home!
         Although this first year at BYU has been tough I have had A LOT of fun! And I don't want you guys to not know what has been going on. So I will just lay it all out and tell you how it is straight. I mean it is MY blog and since when have I not let y'all know my opinion? So lets catch y'all up on my life!
               These are my roommates!
  Left to Right: (Up front): Sydney and Malaysia (In the back) Jessica ( my actual room sharer), Ashley, Emilee and Me!

    This is Daniel Ted Wood! He is my best friend and the boy who makes my world go round. And I am sure that you are ALL (including those that know us) wondering what are relationship status is. Well I will tell you. We dated for a bit, but it all comes down to the fact that he is serving a two year mission and who knows where the both of us are going to be in two years. And if you don't know what a mission is click here -> http://www.dearelder.com/index/inc_name/Mormon_Missionaries/. Anywho, so Dan Dan Wood Wood is going on a mission which I support 100% so we cooled things off and are just best friends. Which I in fact love! He has been my best friend all year and I am grateful that he is always there for me. He has been called to serve in the Indiana Indianapolis mission and leaves June 8th! And he is going to be amazing!!!
       As much as I wished that I was that skinny and had that great of hair I don't. But what I do have in common with this picture is that whole she is running thing. I am training for a half marathon that will take place in Oklahoma in May. My oldest sister, Heather, and I are going to do it together! It's going to be so amazing!! Training is kicking my butt, but I feel pretty good. It's crazy to think just over 4 years ago I was diagnosed with cancer, and now this May I will be running  a half marathon. Life sure does throw you curve balls!

            This is my older sister Linsey and her FIANCE Jordan! They are getting married in the end of July and the whole family is so excited!! We love him to death and we hope he loves us, but at least we know he can stand us enough to marry Linsey. Or can he stand Linsey enough to marry into our family? I guess we will never know. But this brings me to what this wedding has driven us all to. THE HODGKISS FAMILY 100 DAY CHALLENGE!! So as a family we have all divided off into teams. I am on Linsey and Jordan's team since I felt that getting married they will do the best. But the challenge is to lose weight and work out as much as possible. We get 2 points for every 30 minutes you work out and 1 point for every pound you lose. We aren't winning but we will prevail! Our team name is LGN (Look Good Naked) since that is what the majority of us are going for. It's been fun and super motivating. Oh and did I mention that the winner gets like 500 bucks?! Yeah so like I said we will win!!!
     Well I think thats good enough for now! I can't think of too many other things that are going on besides school and well school. I will of course post more about that later! Thanks for reading all the way through! And until next time I hope that life finds you well!
             Muah!!!
  
         

No comments:

Post a Comment