Background

Friday, March 18, 2011

Family Week Monday to Wednesday

          Monday morning started off early for me since I had an early class. I woke up at 7 and hadn't gone to bed until 2, so I was pretty tired. After class I took off to Corby's to meet my family there. We all gathered and took off for the mountain, because Monday was skiing day for us! Now let me point out I hadn't been skiing in 7 or 8 years, Heather hadn't skied in 9 or 10 years, and Shawn hadn't skied in 14 years. So to say the least we were a bit nervous. I learned to ski when I was 4 years old because we have a cabin in Ruidoso, New Mexico that we spent every spring break at, but I never really enjoyed it. When I was 5 or 6 a snowboarder (I hate them) hit me and I went flying through the air. I don't really remember the experience, but it doesn't stop me from flinching every time I hear the ice scraping the way it does with snowboarders.
            I started out pretty rocky and very very very nervous, but it was like riding a bike. It all came back to me. Now of course that didn't stop all the pain that I felt from using muscles I didn't even know I had. We had a pretty good time too! I'm not going to go all out there and say that it was the BEST THING EVER, but I will say it was pretty enjoyable. And nothing beats spending time with your family! Check out all the fun we had!

This is the view from the top of the main mountain. It's beautiful!

The whole gang minus Corby, Heather, Shawn, Mom, Darrin, Annie, Tommy, and me
The whole gang - Mom + Corby

Tommye-Lynn 6 years old

 Heather and I looking styling
Darrin, Tommye, and Annie. Such a cute family pic
Heather and Shawn! Luckily the lift took awhile so we got to rest our legs!
        Skiing was a blast. We went for about four hours and then came home and pretty much laid around. We had dinner and then we went to Brent, Lori, and Corby's semi-final basketball game. The game was very exciting! They played really well and ended up winning by 8. Here are some pics from the night.....


            Tuesday we hung around the house until Brent, Lori, and Corby's CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! I'm not going to lie being their #1 fan I was pumped for the game. We played a team with two polys (Polynesians), so I was a bit worried. Well our team wasn't on fire like it usually is and the other team was pretty physical so we ended up behind. Well we were down to the last bit of the game. Corby being the stud he was hit two free throws making us down by only 2. The other team brought the ball down and we fouled them. They missed their free throw shot, and we got the ball back. We brought the ball down, Brent shot , missed, and Lori got the ball and shot and the buzzer rang...... and she missed..... BUT they fouled her! We were down by 2 and all Lori had to do was make her shots and we would go into overtime. Lori took her first shot and MADE IT and then her she took her second shot...... and she MADE IT AGAIN.... but the ref called a lane violation and the shot didn't count. I'm not going to go into details here but there may or may not have been a lot of cussing, throwing things, and yelling at the ref. My family is usually pretty abusive to the refs but we held it together through out the game.... until the ref made a call that changed the outcome of the game. Which btw is illegal!!!!! I kinda felt bad that Daniel was there because if he thought my family members were all saints (yeah right) he now knows otherwise. But I think he was entertained well enough!
            After the bummer of a game we all hit up Cafe Rio! It was fantastic and made me very happy! After Cafe Rio we went home and watched a Megamind. I loved the movie but I wasn't that into it. We went ahead and called it a night.  Here is a pic of Daniel being so cool.......

     Wednesday we went to Ihop and hung around the house. We also played with the kids and took them to the park. Then the boys had games and then Shawn's famous Italian dinner! I think we are slowly becoming more and more wore out! Tomorrow is Heather's birthday so we will be partying it up all day long! It's going to be fantastic! AND Heather and I are running 8 miles Thursday morning, so I'm sure you guys CAN'T wait to hear about that! Here are a few random cute pics that make me oh-so-happy!
 Gavin, 2 years old at the park
 Brent and Lori bought Gavin a car. He loves it!
 Tommye loves it too!
Pa Pa (my dad) got Jade to laugh
 This is Jadders looking like a doll! Love her!
Hope this finds you well!
-Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment